Florida Homeowners Insurance Companies
There are many Florida homeowners insurance companies, but not as many as there used to be. Because of the continued hurricanes and tropical storms, some companies have pulled out of Florida. However, you can still find quality homeowners insurance if you live in the Sunshine State. Many experienced companies came into the region to assist FL homeowners during the storms of 2004 and 2005.
Knowing some information and facts about the most popular companies can help you when you are ready to get some quotes. Finding a company that you can trust is important. Following you will find some important facts and information about some of the most popular Florida homeowners insurance companies.
- HomeWise Preferred is an insurance company that came to Florida after the 2004 and 2005 storm seasons. During a time when many companies were pulling out, Home Wise came into the state. They offer competitive rates and they have an exceptional financial stability rating. They are very familiar with how to process claims in a hurricane region. On their website they also offer tips on how to best protect your home when a hurricane or storm is on its way. They will let you know what to do before, after, and during a hurricane.
- Sunshine State Insurance Company (SSIC) is another company that offers homeowners insurance in Florida. SSIC is approved by the Florida Department of Insurance. They have an exceptional financial stability rating. SSCI can help you find the coverage you need for your home or condo and the contents inside. They offer basic homeowners coverage, broad coverage, special coverage, and extensive coverage.
- Edison Insurance Group LLC was approved by the Florida Department of Insurance in 2006. Edison has over 50 years of experience specifically in Florida and has an exceptional financial stability rating. They hold over 30,000 policies and pride themselves on giving excellent claim processing. They offer their policy holders three ways to submit claims and tips on what to do in a disaster.
- Cypress Property and Casualty Insurance Company holds thousands of policies in the state of Florida. They have an exceptional financial stability rating. They offer homeowners policies for homes and condos.
- American Strategic Insurance (ASI) was started in 1997. They saw the need for quality homeowners insurance in Florida. Their stability was tested during the worst storms of 2004 and 2005. They have an excellent financial stability rating. They offer homeowners comprehensive property and liability coverage and quick claim processing.
- Florida Family Insurance is another Florida homeowners insurance company. Their employees are Florida property claims experts. They are also certified by the National Flood Insurance Program to take care of claims made on flood insurance policies. Florida Family Insurance offers basic coverage which provides for fire, vandalism, windstorm and hail damage, lightening, explosions and smoke, theft and other causes of loss. They also offer many discounts such as burglar and fire alarm credit, retiree discounts, new home discounts, secured community discounts, and wind mitigation discounts.
- American Integrity Insurance received its Certificate of Authority in 2006. They will help you assess the risk in your home. If you need to file a claim, they claim to work quickly and compassionately. They have a catastrophe team in place so if the need does arise, they can respond promptly. They have an exceptional financial stability rating.
Throughout the state, they have 2,600 well trained agents to help meet the needs of their customers. Their homeowners policy coverage has options to protect you from fire and lightning, windstorm and hail, weight of ice or snow, smoke damage, falling objects, damage by freezing, explosion, theft on or off premises, vandalism and mischief, accidental overflow from plumbing, accidental electrical damage to appliances, damage by vehicles and aircraft, and riots.
- Universal Property & Casualty (UPCI) is another choice of Florida homeowners insurance companies. UPCI has an exceptional financial stability rating. When you call to ask about a quote or file a claim, you will not get a voice mail system. You will talk to someone who can help assist you. They make every attempt to give their clients immediate service in the case of a claim. They offer a diverse range of coverage options.
- St. Johns Insurance Company was established in 2003 and they specialize in homeowners insurance products and services. They have received an exceptional financial stability rating. They give quick, attentive service and their rates are fairly priced. They offer consumer resources on how to make sure your home is insured for the right amount of coverage.
- Southern Fidelity has a Certificate of Authority with The Florida Department of Financial Services, Office of Insurance Regulation. This certificate was obtained in 2005. They have an exceptional financial stability rating. They offer a wide variety of policies and coverage to homeowners in Florida including flood insurance. They use the latest in technology to give policy owners easy access to their accounts and easy claim processing.
- Chubb Group of Insurance Companies gives fair treatment and quick claim payments. They have been established for over 125 years. Chubb specializes in coverage for homeowners with above-average needs. They can insure your home and the valuables inside. It is ranked among the top 11 publicly traded insurance companies and is well equipped to meet your day to day or catastrophe needs.
In general, it is important to know what type of coverage you need and what you can afford. Remember, you get what you pay for. The cheapest policy is not always the best policy. Check out the track record of a company. If you are facing a disaster or are in need of a claim, you will want a company that offers prompt service. Using a free online quote tool, like the one at the top of this page, is a simple way to start comparing coverage options from some of these top rated Florida homeowners insurance companies today. Get started comparing Florida homeowners insurance quotes now!